June 9, 2009

Early June Flowers

I have been taking pictures the past couple of days for the next photo challenge (see link on sidebar). The theme is for macro photography, so flowers here at the cottage have been naturally getting my attention. While I was out taking close-ups, I also took a few photos of some daylilies which are now blooming.


Unfortunately, we can’t find the tag for the lovely salmon-rose colored variety shown above, and our wee noggins can’t remember the name. It has lovely formed blooms on tall stalks. There are a dozen or so plants of this cultivar in our front flower bed next to the main walkway.


This daylily type is called Black-Eyed Stella. It is a prolific bloomer and related to the Stella d'Oro (Star of Gold) cultivar that is so common these days in landscaping. We have several plants of this variety in the flowerbed nearest the kitchen side of the house.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, how PRETTY!! I love daylilies, and of course don't have any. The last ones I had; I ran over with the lawn mower~don't ask. :)

    Your yard is a work of art! Hope you're not doing too much on that knee, Ms. Donna. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your daylily pictures. I've been taking lots of daylily pics myself. They are part of what inspired the theme for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Between you and Brenda, I'm 'gonna have to retire my camera...Hahaaa...Beautiful!hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way the lilies curl around the edges. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers. We have the yellow daylilies growing all over the city right now, must be everyone's favorite-- understandably so ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gold ones are so bright! I've seen salmon ones before but only the deeper salmon. Those are so beautifully colored, so delicate. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and a camrea are dangerous!
    You make very thing look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely blossoms.... Love the Black-Eyed Stellas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful flowers!

    These were favorites of my mom so , of course, I LOVE them too!!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  10. sooo pretty. i need to venture out and do some of this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so beautiful, donna....and almost everything here will soon come up......take a deep breath of 100 degree weather....and wilt! :)....so thanks for sharing...just wish i could smell them too!
    hugs,
    kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your yard must be so beautiful to see Donna! Love all the flowers and I might be able to do the next challenge, I think I might come up with a few photos! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Marty, here! Donna loves comments, and I faithfully pass them on to her. Thank you so much for visiting!