October 9, 2011

Making Photographic Lemonade

Scenario: It’s rainy and there is heavy fog. Visibility is dismal. You are trapped on a tour bus, zooming down one of the most scenic roads in North America. You are sitting in the front seat with a camera in your hands. 

Question: What do you do? 

Answer: You set the ISO up high and dial the aperture number down low, ensuring a high shutter speed. You crank the zoom lens out and aim through the bus window located about four feet away, dodging the windshield wiper. Click. Back on the computer, you tweak the image with some simple editing, add a graduated filter for a wee bit of moody color punch, and top it off with a distressed texture layer. Then you sit back and call it art. 

Well, at least that’s what I do!





Cape Breton foggy silhouettes

10 comments:

  1. ...aaaannnd I'm likin' it! Looks like a Christmas card. I've only done one bus trip and it wasn't a long one. I think I like my own vehicle and having control over my days and nights too much to ever really love bus touring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This one would make a good framed pic for the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice save. Photo editing programs are life savers some times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you tell me! I pointed my camera out the window today to try to capture the rainy day! You took a wonderful photo...as usual! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I call it art too! I would be thrilled to hang such beauty on my wall. You're the bee's knees, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a bit late getting around and saying welcome home! Your pictures are amazing! I wish I understood all the settings on my camera and editing like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what I'd call it, too. Very moody; very dreamy; very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure I would have just captured bird poop on the window.

    You. Are. Awesome!!

    Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Donna, you're such an awesome artist! That photo is GREAT.
    Hugs! Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! What a beautiful piece of art you've created!

    ReplyDelete

Marty, here! Donna loves comments, and I faithfully pass them on to her. Thank you so much for visiting!