May 18, 2013

Spending Time with Friends



dancing clouds above rugged cliffs
Capitol Reef National Park, Utah

Perhaps you’ve noticed that I’ve been a bit absent lately with posting and visiting your blogs. I’ll be catching up with all of your news this next week.

We had some dear friends from out-of-town visit with us a few days this week. So we were busy here at our cottage and out having fun! We made a jaunt over to Biltmore estate in Asheville, North Carolina, and also the Museum of Appalachia in nearby Norris, Tennessee. And we left our cameras at home! Yes, we did it on purpose. We wanted to devote our attention to our guests and not be distracted with photographic pursuits. Once I get in the “photo zone,” I’m like a zombie, LOL. And I have to admit that it was quite refreshing to make precious memories without the assistance of a camera.

We met them on the polar bear tour this past November. We were delighted when they took us up on our offer for a visit and decided to come down to stay with us for a few days. The conversations and laughter were practically non-stop. It was such a lovely and relaxing time! 

To have a friend and be a friend is what makes life worthwhile.
~ author unknown~

13 comments:

  1. that sounds awesome! so glad they came to spend time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! We love spending time at the Biltmore and seeing the beautiful mountains. I don't take photos at the beach. Hubby takes a few but not many. We just like to enjoy the ocean. It frees your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! So that means you all left your cameras behind? Shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to share 'our' area with special friends.. I know you had a great time. But--you did something I would NEVER do: Leave my camera at home. I need those photo memories!!!! ha ha

    Great photo today.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed you weren't around for a bit and I missed you but I'm SO glad you were out having fun. I'm also glad to hear that you didn't take your camera! I have the same problem - I'm not as sociable when there are photos to shoot! So glad you had a nice time with your friends. Welcome home, dear friend!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you put people first. It seems a rarity these days with phones and ipads and all that jazz. Love your picture.
    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not even you Phone Camera???Hahahaaa....when they weren't Looking????Hahaaaa....(I'm so ashamed.... ;o))

    Glad you got some Fun time Miz Donna...Can't Ever have enough of that!
    Love the photo!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had such a good time with your new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, no camera?....lol Glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete
  11. Change of pace can be refreshing. Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy you had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's funny you should mention leaving your cameras at home. I've thought of doing that the next time I go to see the grandkids. All I do the whole time is shove that camera in their faces; I must be quite obnoxious by now. I need to go once and just concentrate on talking to them. Remains to be seen if I can actually DO that but I am contemplating it. And I love the Museum of Appalachia in Norris ... especially the fainting goats! Are they still in residence?

    ReplyDelete

Marty, here! Donna loves comments, and I faithfully pass them on to her. Thank you so much for visiting!