April 26, 2012

Katmai Brown Bears - The Youngster


Would you believe that I still have more photos to share of the Katmai brown bears?  Oh, I could share such photos with you for years and years. But I really need to wrap up this series soon. Onward!

This young bear liked to hang out near the lower river platform at Brooks Camp.  Because he was a small juvenile, he was wary of other bears in the area and frequently looked around to make sure the coast was clear.



And if he heard a slight sound or caught a scent, he would pop up on his little hind legs to get a better view over the tall grasses!


Totally oblivious to us, he sat down right below our viewing platform for a while and gazed across the expanse of the marshland water.


And I couldn’t resist capturing his profile while he was deep in thought.



7 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet, Donna... Makes me want to get a big brush and brush the little guy(s).... SO CUTE....

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one of him seated is just priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER get tired of the Bear post! LOVE the All Girl! Gorgeous animals!
    Have a great weekend!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. he sure is a cute little guy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, that last pic was my fav. He looks so relaxed! What an adorable creature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your critter pictures are SO awesome Miz Donna!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to love on him! He reminds me of Kevin! These pictures amaze me.

    ReplyDelete

Marty, here! Donna loves comments, and I faithfully pass them on to her. Thank you so much for visiting!