We’re in the process of canceling reservations for our planned trip in late September to the Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. As in the case of the Newfoundland trip (where we were supposed to be touring right now), it just wasn’t meant to be. Having our hearts set on doing some landscape and wildlife photography during the spectacular fall season, we’re understandably disappointed and upset. But, that’s the way the cookie crumbles.
We don’t know what will be happening in September (chemotherapy or not), and whether Mr. Jim would be able to travel. However, we aren't comfortable in risking the loss of a substantial amount of money if we wait too long to cancel. The national park lodges, in particular, are very ruthless in their cancellation policies.
We’ll explore the possibility of an automobile trip later on this year.