September 2, 2015

Photo of the Week - Teton Range Panorama




Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

This panorama was “stitched” together in Photoshop using five individual images. Software makes it especially easy these days to create panoramas, and it is downright magical that our smartphones can even create them on the fly. Be sure to click on the image to see it bigger!

I almost exclusively use a polarizer filter for mountain scenes to help tone down highlights, define mountain peaks, and enrich color saturation. But polarizers can't be used for a successful panorama, or else one can end up with a funky looking sky. So I did some extra steps in Photoshop and relied upon some plug-in filters to ensure that the foreground details were not dark and the distant mountains and clouds were not washed out.

16 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous. I love the variety of colors in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out beautifully Donna. I clicked on the larger photo and the details are wonderful. Hugs. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous place, I want to visit! Love your image, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. It would look great printed on canvas and hung over a mantel or couch or bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever you do, you do it so beautifully. This looks amazing and awesome and any other adjectives of awe I could use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Donna...and you used Photoshop so well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the panorama! It is almost surreal...such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very beautiful. You are a true artist in every sense of the word. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! My husband and I discovered the pano setting on our iPhones while we were on vacation! We took tons of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so beautiful there Donna - I can't wait to take another trip out West after seeing your fabulous photo - perhaps next year.
    Hope you are doing well - hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! I want to learn how to do that. I stood at the edge of the Pacific Ocean a couple of evenings ago and wished with all my heart I could capture the panorama my eyes could see. If you lived close I would beat a path to your door to learn so much more from you, dear friend. Your ability amazes and inspires me!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this beautiful photo, Donna! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Marty, here! Donna loves comments, and I faithfully pass them on to her. Thank you so much for visiting!