April 27, 2016

Photo of the Week - Cloud Ballet Around Balanced Rock




Arches National Park, Utah

Balanced Rock is one of the “must see” formations within Arches National Park. There is a convenient loop trail around the structure, so it can be admired from many angles. The clouds were wispy and beautiful during my visit, providing a soft backdrop and contrast to the textured rock surfaces. The total height of Balanced Rock is about 128 feet. The balanced portion rises 55 feet above the base. It's big!

My schedule ought to settle down for a while once the month of May rolls around on the calendar. I’ll give all of you an update then about progress around my cottage and events in my life. Thank you for continuing to visit my little blog and admiring my photos.


13 comments:

  1. The sky is so beautiful in that picture! :)

    Julia
    http://www.thephillyphotoblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a marvel. Bet you aren't seeing anything like that today! Keep having fun... You must really be looking forward to May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you've been staying busy and getting to travel - and of course taking beautiful photos as always Donna. Will be nice to hear what's happening in your life, all good hopefully, especially with your health.

    Arches is one of our favorites to visit. As this photo clearly displays, wonderful blue with orange, thanks to Nature. Love that sky.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cool! I'll put it on my list of things to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, oh so beautiful! Love this. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's amazing. The photo is beautiful. Love that sky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful photo! I also loved the previous one of Mesa Arch. It was stunning! Makes me want to take a trip south!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shot Donna, as always. Look forward to hearing about how you are doing! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, and so well named!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very beautiful!!

    (I enjoyed reading about your meet-up with Vee! Such a fun photo of you two pretty gals!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your photos are always remarkable Donna. Thanks for sharing them with us...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is incredible! One I'd love to see and photograph some day. I'm looking forward to hear what's been happening around your home and what's happening in your life.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was finally able to take my mom there a few weeks ago. As always love seeing your photo adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Marty, here! Donna loves comments, and I faithfully pass them on to her. Thank you so much for visiting!