August 17, 2016

Photo of the Week - Nature's Colors




Grand Prismatic Spring, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming

I paid a heavy price to climb the hill and overlook this gigantic hot spring last fall. My knees were totally messed up after the trip and required fresh cortisone shots. But it knew it would be the last chance in my lifetime to see this fantastic display of nature’s colors.

The Grand Prismatic is the largest of Yellowstone’s hot springs, measuring about 370’ in diameter and over 121’ deep. The bands of colors around the blue pool are created from different species of thermopile (heat-loving) bacteria.


6 comments:

  1. Wow Donna! This is gorgeous! Sorry about your knees but it was definitely worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Nature's really spectacular when it comes to wielding her paintbrush!
    Hope you stop by and see more beautiful colors in my post today - who knew pebbles could be so glorious!

    Hope you are well dear and, like us, managing to get through this very hot Summer.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible colours! Great shot of the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - now, you know what I'm going to say so I won't. :)

    I'm sorry your knees didn't take that very well, and you needed the shots.

    Know I think about you so often, Donna and wish the best for you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you had to suffer to get this marvelous photo. Thank you for sharing it with us. We want to get back to Yellowstone again. We were last there when our son was eighteen months old - he is forty-two now! I doubt that I'll be climbing to see this amazing site so I'll just enjoy it through your lens.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

Marty, here! Donna loves comments, and I faithfully pass them on to her. Thank you so much for visiting!