I’m excited to do the first product review here on my blog! And I thoroughly enjoyed every minute and morsel of the product testing!
Last month, Karen of This Old House 2 put out a call to bloggers, asking them to advertise the Roba Dolce brand of Italian gelato and sorbetto and also post a product review on their blogs. I quickly signed up! As compensation, the company shipped me five 1-liter tubs and three 6-ounce cups of product to taste test. Oh, the sacrifices that I do for my blog readers! And my sweet hubby felt that it was his duty to participate in the tasting as well. See how much he cares about my friends?
Here are the different flavors that we sampled and our culinary findings:
- Blood Orange Sorbetto – Creamy and tart, with a true blood orange taste.
- Lemon Sorbetto – Exquisite lemon taste, with just the right amount of sharpness, but no bitterness. If you love lemon, you have got to try this!
- Mango Sorbetto – Our least favorite of the samples. Very mild in character. I thought it tasted more like peach than mango.
- Pistachio Gelato – Nice crunches with every spoonful because there is no skimping on the pistachio nuts. If pistachio is one of your favorite nuts, you will adore this.
- Coconut Gelato – Extra creamy with a generous amount of shredded coconut. It was so scrumptious, I added a dollop of Hershey’s chocolate on top to remind me of a Mounds candy bar.
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Gelato – Dark, decadent, and rich, with plenty of real chocolate chunks in every bite. This was my absolute favorite of the samples. If my head could have fit inside the container, I would have thoroughly cleaned it out.
We checked the web site and found the Roba Dolce brand is not available in our geographical area. However, they make it for Krogers under the Private Selections label, and we locally priced it at $4 for a large container. Will we be buying it in the future? You bet!
I really appreciate Roba Dolce and Karen of This Old House 2 for letting me participate in this fun and tasty product review! And since I already have you drooling after reading this post, check out the gorgeous country estate where Karen lives!