October 6, 2009

October - A Look Ahead


October means the fall season to me! This is one of my favorite months in the whole year. I adore fall colors, as you could tell by all of the pictures I shared on the blog last year. God has already been dabbing with his paintbrush and started his magic again. The dogwoods have donned a scarlet cloak and the maples are beginning to turn. I’m regularly sweeping acorns and pin oak leaves off of the main walkway to the front porch. The weather has turned decidedly cooler in the past few weeks, and it has been a refreshing change. The vegetable gardens have been put to rest. Yard work tasks are winding down, except for leaf and flowerbed cleanups. Fall - bring it on!

Our little trip last week went well. My bionic knee held up acceptably as long as I didn’t overdo it. Let’s just say that I’m glad I took a few pain pills with me, LOL. We had a lovely visit, and we were happy to get away for a brief time to clear the clutter in our noggins. If I continue my rehab progress, we should be able to take several long journeys next year. Yeah!

My sister-in law is healing up well from her hiatal hernia surgery a couple of weeks ago, and my mother is bouncing back nicely from her gall bladder surgery in August. I appreciate the prayers that my friends have offered for both of them.

We had lunch with a sweet friend last week, right before we headed out of town. We had not seen her for over a year. There was a lot of chatting and catching up to do! It was grand to see her again. She and her husband have had quite a few medical challenges lately, so our hearts go out to them.


We don’t have too many firm plans for the month right now. We have a couple doctor visits scheduled for follow-ups. We got our flu shots last Saturday. We’ll be working out at the fitness center regularly. We’re continuing with our studies of Photoshop CS4 and Elements. And, I committed to making some Christmas ornaments for an exchange with friends in an online forum. I better get cracking on them!

Will it be a relaxing or a busy month? I have given up lately trying to predict!

13 comments:

  1. I love seeing your avenue of trees in the fall...more pics please...I can look and imagine living there!!! Glad you have had a rest and were able to have some fun out of the house. Get that knee sorted and come and see me!!! xxxRobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a pretty relaxed month to me and personally, that's the way I like them!
    Hugs
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is so beautiful in the fall--no wonder October is your fav. month!
    I am so glad that you are doing well with your recovery! yay for more trips with you & your DH! Live it up, Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you made the best of the time away.
    Fall is a gorgeous season.
    As we are having a unseasonal spring that feels like the middle of winter...I am loving thinking of autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty busy month to me! Take care of your knee so we can see many more travel pictures! We love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. October is definitely busy for you! But that's good!

    I love October, too. Just the "snap" in the is exhilarating! Even the cats feel it and go frisking about.

    I hope you will post pictures of what you make for that ornament exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do we get to vote? If so, I'm voting for relaxing with just a touch of busy to quell boredom. I know how much it means to have others praying for our families and my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours for continued healing. Enjoy this golden October.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had a nice time, and are doing so well. Take care so you can make more memories. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you will be busy to me! I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip, and that you are home safe and sound. I love Fall too......I think I might have been a bear in a past life.....I just want to hibernate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow - lots goin on in your world--
    hope you find a happy medium between relaxing and busy.
    have a happy day.

    btw- i came by to have a look at buddy- :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back and yes..Fall time is definitly here in Illinois as well !After visiting Tennesee, I can well appreciate the beauty you speeak of around you. Enjoy good health once again, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Donna I'm glad that the walk you took with me near Vienna was not too vigorous for you *gg*
    I wish you all the best and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. fall is by far my favorite season.....it brings beautiful colors, football, cool weather, and great food!

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Marty, here! Donna loves comments, and I faithfully pass them on to her. Thank you so much for visiting!