December 7, 2016

Photo of the Week - Elkmont Troll Bridge




Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee

I have visited the park many times over the years, but I had never explored the abandoned Elkmont area. That omission was remedied during my late October trip. Among the many historical treasures is this charming little bridge. It has been commonly referred to as a troll bridge, but I think it would be quite suitable for a hobbit on an adventure. Now that I know where it is located, I’d love to go back and photograph it during the spring season.

P.S. I’m happy to report that the Noah “Bud” Ogle cabin featured in my photo last week survived the fire. I saw pictures on Facebook that showed charred trees nearby, but the cabin and its little outbuilding looked just fine!

4 comments:

  1. That little bridge looks like a prop in some fantasy movie. It's quite something and your photography features it so well. So glad that the cabin was spared. That is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO glad the cabin made it! Part of history...
    Love this shot!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear the cabin was spared. The troll bridge looks like a place to let the imagination go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that the cabin was spared Donna. Your photographs are always gorgeous!! Love you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Marty, here! Donna loves comments, and I faithfully pass them on to her. Thank you so much for visiting!